Saturday, November 14, 2009

I love lucy and the 50's.

The 1950's. Wow what an era. And documentaries, aren't they suppose to be boring and really informative with no excitement; creating the audience to fall asleep. At first, when receiving this era, I thought wow this is going to be a difficult era and not much to really write or let people know about. However, I was wrong there was quite a bit that had happened in this era then I can imagine. The biggest star came out in the 50's; Elvis Presley. Well made shows were introduced such as I Love Lucy or Leave it to Beaver. Overall, I thought we did a pretty good job on the documentary; it was well informative and had good videos added. However, I thought we could have done a better job if we added more videos of us speaking and in which it would create the video longer and a bit more exciting. If we were more in an atmosphere that was similar to the 1950's and did a documentary more in there it would be more exciting and interesting. People would be more attached to the documentary, in my own opinion. What was surprisingly successful was the videos we added to the documentary, which were a episode of I Love Lucy and parts from Grease, they fit in quite well and looked great in the video. Parts I found quite challenging were actually getting together to film more clips to add, we did not organize that too well, one of us were either sick and could not get together. I think if we got together it would have been a better documentary. At first, we planned out to dress up as a 1950's couple; one as a girl and the other as a boy and we would be at a restaurant where a lot of people back then hung out and we would talk about what they liked to do and so forth. However, we added a few clips of us talking about fabs, technology, entertainment and music. Also with music, other videos and as well as images.


Where to start from these other videos? All the documentaries that were shown were amazing, very well done. In my honest opinion, I thought every era that was shown was really good and I can't complain much about them. It was very interesting learning how generations changed and our generations are still changing. How much entertainment, technology, fashion and architecture and everything else has changed and is still changing. Even some fashions are making a comeback and are doing very well at it. But, nothing is staying the same. Every video was creative; none of them were boring they kept me interested till the very last second. It was very great seeing everyone's idea, everyone put so much effort into doing a great job and getting it done. I can completely tell that everyone's music was fitted in very well. I actually learned quite a bit on every era, definitely did not know about each era as much as I was informed from the documentaries. I was just amazed in all the results, great job media class. :)

2 comments:

  1. your video was very good sarah :)
    it was cute, and very well detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved your video
    great writing i really like the style :)

    ReplyDelete